Thursday, March 7, 2013

Big Pink Suit





I know what you're thinking..."that must be a mannequin in front of a Men's Wearhouse store", right? But it's NOT! Thank goodness. (I wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard their "You're gonna like the way you look. I guarantee it" commercial.)








It is actually a creation of Austrian artist Erwin Wurm. A 9-foot (2.75m) tall aluminum statue depicting a pink suit and white shirt. (Size 144).











It is located in Citygarden in downtown St. Louis, Missouri, which is an urban park and sculpture garden. Of all the many art objects there, I have to say that the "Big Suit" (it's official name) is, by far, my favorite!

1 comment:

Nives said...

Wow, this is cool! Once again, I have to notice that you guys in the USA have some GREAT statues. Wish we could see stuff like that here in Croatia!