Saturday, October 18, 2014

Gas Jockey Switcheroo


 I always notice this happy, eager-to-please, squeegee in one hand, gas nozzle in the other hand, gas jockey guy every time I drive through Crystal City, Missouri. 

It had been a while since the last time. So, just this past week, I find myself there again, in Crystal City. And to my horror, I find this....



....my gas jockey buddy is GONE! He has been replaced by THIS guy!

What happened to the happy guy?? This guy doesn't even have a sqeegee!

At first, I thought happy guy got a makeover, new hairdo, new cap, new overalls, new shoes, dropped some pounds. But NO, this is a different guy!

I'm a little rattled.

2 comments:

Postcard Blogger said...

Maybe the old guy was falling apart. (like most old men and women do) I know right now my right arm is in a sling (pulled tendon) and my hubby is on crutches. (bad ankle sprain) - falling apart -

ONeal said...

Oh no! Sounds awfully painful for both you and the hubster. You were playing Twister, weren't you!? :)
Wishing you a speedy recovery!