Monday, June 20, 2011

Dolly





I've been a Dolly Parton fan forever, so when I had the chance recently to make a quick stop in her hometown of Sevierville, Tennessee I took it!

This Dolly statue is in front of the Sevier County Courthouse in Sevierville.
























  Sad to say, after searching umpteen souvenir shops in nearby Pigeon Forge, home of Dollywood, there are NO Dolly postcards to be found. I suspect those babies are sitting in a gift shop in Dollywood itself. Next time, I'll find out!

8 comments:

Cari said...

No Dolly postcards?? That seems like a serious violation against souvenir shop regulations. I mean, one has certain expectations when one enters tourist spots!! Ha, ha.

Seriously, that's a bummer. I hope you are able to find some good postcards in Dollywood.

Cari said...

Hey, how many states have you visited so far this year? I see your mileage listed in the sidebar but not states.

O'Neal said...

No kidding about the Dolly cards! Pretty emotionally devastating for a lifelong Dolly fan. I did bring home a Dolly-picture-on-the-front Dollywood brochure though! It helped to soften the blow.

O'Neal said...

How many states so far? Hmmm, good question. I think it's time for a first time ever, semiannual state welcome sign update extravaganza post!

Cari said...

Bring on the update!!

Cari said...

After all, everyone enjoys a good extravaganza!

Kendra said...

It's been 3 weeks, are you still pouting about the Dolly postcards?:)

O'Neal said...

No, I'm over it. How about you? Are you still pouting over not being able to take home Fredbird from the Cardinals game years ago?? : )